Jeni Port's best ten wines of the 2010 vintage
The following wines were chosen by Jeni Port in an article in the Melbourne Age Epicure on 10 May 2011.
All wines were of the 2010 Vintage.
- Tamar Ridge Devil's Corner Pinot Noir
- Dowie Doole G&T Garnacha and Tempranillo (Garnacha is the Spanish name for Grenache)
- Helm Classic Dry Riesling
- Leo Buring Leonay Riesling
- Mitchelton Blackwood Park Riesling
- Paulett Wines Antonina Polish Hill River Riesling
- Quattro Mano Duende Pinta (Blend of Touriga, Tinta amarella, and Tinta Cao)
- Scott Adelaide Hills Fiano
- Sedona Estate Chardonnay
- Tscharke Matching Socks Touriga Nacional
Interesting to note four Rieslings, 2 from Clare Valley and one each from Goulburn Valley and Canberra. Two Touriga
based wines is also interesting as more winemakers, both here and abroad see the potential of this variety for making dry reds rather than Port styles.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Vintage 2010.
Keep in touch with Vinodiversity
Just enter your details below and you will receive an occasional newsletter letting you know all about the alternative varietal wine scene in Australia and beyond.